Saturday, January 15, 2022

Its time for the Order of the Arrow to Disapear and be Eliminated and if your Roman catholic why you should not join.

 Although it started out with the best of intentions The Order of The Arrow or OA as its known needs to go.

What I once thought was suppose to be an Honor Organization with in BSA founded by 2 members  who had Deep Masonic Roots


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Arrow

https://oa-bsa.org/

 


 That incorporated elements of masonic Tradition  and  reverence to Native Americans was no such thing and in fact Native Americans objected to many of the supposed Native American Traditions  and see it as Mocking of them .

Terms like Lodge , Secret Brotherhood Handshake  the 3 levels of being an arrow man , Ordeal ,Brotherhood and vigil  which signify the 3 degrees of masonry. 

Being Roman Catholic at the time of induction I would have refused to join now knowing all the similarity's of Masonic Tradition But i am no Longer roman catholic. 

 . But back then I did not even know who masons where. Because it was a sin to be a mason and you where excommunicated .

Today I would not join it not because of the Masonic Traditions now that I understand who masons are  and I had several masons who I was friend  with and  who worked for me over the years. 

 But the fact so called native traditions we where following and taught about where made up and total fraud and greatly upset Native Americans.

Plus in many cases mocked Native Americans.

We had this family put on Indian Dance Rituals they claimed where based on authenticate research well try again they where not once I started doing some research thru a local council of Indians who where upset with them and their little show . No wonder they always rebuffed me and did not want me in OA when they found out I had an ancestor  Rev John Heckewelder who actually interacted with Native Americans and wrote a book on their languages and customs still used to this day. 

Yes its time to close down the OA and replace it with a modern Honor Organization which respects all .

 


No comments:

Post a Comment